Privacy Statement for use of AGL’s website
Allianz Global Life dac (“AGL”) appreciates your visit to this web site ("AGL Website" or “Website”). This Privacy Statement is provided in accordance article 13 of EU Regulation 2016/679 (“GDPR”) to the individuals interacting with AGL’s web services.
Please read the following information carefully.
1. What is the purpose and the scope of this Statement?
AGL, owner of this Website, is committed to safeguarding the personal information that is collected from individuals who use the AGL Website. Accordingly, AGL has developed this Statement to describe how and what type of data will be collected from users of the AGL Website and the purposes for which AGL may collect such data, how the data will be processed, for how long the data will be stored and too whom the data will be shared or disclosed. AGL also informs you of the precautions that are taken to ensure that you are informed and secure while browsing the AGL Website.
This Privacy Statement applies to any information obtained by AGL through your use of the AGL Website. It is not applicable to any internet websites controlled by third parties that the AGL Website may link to ("Third Party Sites").
2. Who is the Data Controller?
A data controller is the natural or legal person, public authority, agency or other body which (alone or jointly with others) determines the purposes and means of the processing of personal data. AGL Global Life dac, with registered office in Maple House, Temple Road, Blackrock, Dublin, Ireland, phone no. 00353 2422300 e-mail email@example.com
is the Data Controller as defined by the GDPR.
3. What information do we collect from you and for what purpose?
A. Browsing Data
This data is used in aggregated form for the purpose of obtaining statistical information to understand how visitors use the AGL Website and to control the correct functioning of the latter.
The data may also be used to ascertain liabilities in relation to any computer related crimes committed to the detriment of the AGL Website.
This data is retained for 14 months after from when the data is collected.
B. Data collected from the users
In addition, AGL collects Personal Data that you voluntarily provide through the AGL Website when you enter personal details (e.g. name, e-mail address and other data aimed at requesting a fee estimate or for the entering into of a contract) on the ‘Contacts & Services’ addresses (hereinafter “Personal Data”).
This data will be used for the following purposes:
- technical administration and research and development of the AGL Website;
- administration of clients and users;
- to satisfy your specific requests.
The processing of your Personal Data will be carried out within the limits and conditions set forth by the law.
This data is retained for a period of 10 years from the termination of the business relationship.
4. Is your specific consent required?
5. To whom do we disclose and transfer your data?
The data collected through the AGL Website may be used by AGL or communicated to external parties, explicitly identified and authorized, for the purposes stated in section 3. In particular, the external individuals to whom your data – which you have freely provided – may be communicated, are: members of Allianz Group, AGL’s business partners, agents and providers.
We may also communicate your data to governmental agencies or entities, supervisory authorities or other authorities where required by law.
Apart from the above, the data will not be communicated or disclosed unless prior specific contractual or legal indication or prior granting of your explicit authorization.
6. Where will your data be processed?
The processing carried out in connection with the web services of this Website may be carried out both inside and outside of the European Economic Area (EEA) by the parties specified in Section 5 above.
Whenever AGL transfers Personal Data for processing outside of the EEA by another Allianz Group company, it will do so on the basis of Allianz’ approved binding corporate rules known as the Allianz Privacy Standard (Allianz BCR) which establish adequate protection for Personal Data and are legally binding on all Allianz Group companies. Allianz BCR and the list of Allianz Group companies that comply with them is available at link. Where the Allianz BCR do not apply, AGL will instead take steps to ensure that the transfer of the Personal Data outside of the EEA receives an adequate level of protection as it does in the EEA. Details of what safeguards AGL relies upon for such transfers can be requested by contacting AGL as detailed in section 9 of this Data Privacy Statement.
7. What security measures have we implemented to protect your information?
AGL has implemented reasonable technical and organizational security measures to protect your Personal Data collected by AGL via the AGL Website against unauthorized access, misuse, loss or destruction.
8. What rights do you have?
In relation to Browsing Data, you can disable the Cookies as indicated in our Cookies Policy.
For your Personal Data, as submitted to AGL, you have a right to:
- Access your Personal Data held and to learn the origin of the data, the purposes and ends of the processing, the details of the data controller(s), the data processor(s) and the parties to whom the data may be disclosed;
- Withdraw the consent at any time where the Personal Data is processed based on your consent; this does not include cases where the processing is required to fulfil a legal obligation of AGL or to execute a public interest task or is in connection with exercising official authority by AGL;
- Request to have the Personal Data updated or corrected so that it is always accurate;
- To obtain from the controller the erasure of personal data concerning you without undue delay;
- Request to restrict the processing of the Personal Data in certain circumstances;
- Obtain your Personal Data in an electronic format for own use or for a new insurer; and
- File a complaint with us and/or the relevant data protection authority, where legal conditions are met.
You may exercise these rights by contacting AGL as detailed in this Privacy Statement, providing your name, email address, account identification, and purpose of your request. You may also make an access request by completing the Data Access Request Form available at the link
9. How can you access your Personal Data?
Any queries about how the Personal Data is used or how to exercise the Data Subject’s rights can be addressed to the Data Protection Officer by telephone, email or post as follows:
Data Protection Officer
Allianz Global Life dac
Number: 00353 1 2422300
10. Third Party websites
This Privacy Statement was last updated on 07/11/2018.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files that the websites visited by users send to their terminals, where they are stored before being re-transmitted to the same sites at the next visit. Cookies are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site.
- to recognise your computer when you visit our website;
- to improve the website’s usability;
- to track you as you navigate our website;
- to analyse the use of our website.
What type of Cookies do we use?
AGL also uses the so-called “Google Analytics” that are used to collect and analyse information, in aggregated form, that help to understand how users interact with the Website, providing for example:
- statistical information on accesses and visits to the AGL Website;
- the number of sections and pages visited and the number of visitors;
- time spent on the website by the average number of users;
- every circumstance occurred during browsing, such as a message of error, which help understand difficulties that users encounter in using the website;
- geographical area of users;
This information may be associated to the details of the user such as IP address, username, domain or browser; however, when these are analysed only on aggregated anonymous basis, the cookies that collect this information are considered as equivalent to the technical cookies.
For more information on “Google Analytics” please check on https://www.google.com/intl/it/analytics/ .
Can cookies be disabled?
Below is information on how to disable cookies for your browser.
The user may therefore manage its preferences relating to cookies directly within its browser and impede, for example, that third parties may install these. Moreover, through the browser settings, cookies installed in the past may be eliminated. Please note that by disabling all cookies the functioning of this website may be reduced. To the contrary, contents of the website may be accessed also if the cookies are completely disabled.